My first NHS job

MY FIRST JOB IN UK:
1) Start time March 2016.
2) I had a week of unpaid clinical attachment before starting the post formally followed by almost 3 weeks pf shadowing.
3) I did that job for 5 months from March-July 2016.
It was difficult for me as I was out of practice for 2 years and was in new system. I gave extra time to sharpen my clinical skills like cannulation, venepuncture, and catheterization and so on. This helped me in building up my confidence. However, I still felt deficient in many fields on which I focussed later on and improved my weaker areas.
TIPS:
·         Be persistent, patient, study on daily basis the clinical queries you come across daily. Never hesitate to ask questions.
·         Remember you can never be the best right from the start. It takes time.
·         Find good seniors/colleagues and stick with them out of hours and in your free time to learn more. Ask as many questions as you can.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autorisation/registration process in Norway

My Guide on MRCOG exam (all three parts)

Common A&E cases